What impact would 50 volunteers, $500, and $1500 worth of tools have on your community? Submit a project idea and make a difference.
Volunteer Fairfax wants to help your organization create a project with a HUGE impact in the community. They are providing $500 for consumable goods, access to an extensive tool shed, and 50 volunteers to the organization with the most transformative project idea.
You could build a teaching garden at a local elementary school, paint an interactive map on blacktop to create an outdoor classroom, or make memory books for Alzheimer patients.
The project will be part of VolunteerFest, celebrated annually on the fourth Saturday in October to connect Northern Virginia individuals with opportunities to serve, increase the strength of communities and promotes civic engagement.
This challenge is open to 501c3 nonprofits and government agencies in Northern Virginia. All projects must require a minimum of 50 volunteers and take place between October 27th and November 3rd, 2012.
Submit an idea from July 10 to July 31 (noon Pacific Time). Our judges will select which applicants will pass to the voting round. From August 1 to August 16, we’ll open the challenge up to a public vote. Rally your colleagues and friends to get behind your effort and join the public in selecting the winner.
Connect with this challenge on Twitter @GOODmkr and @VolunteerFFX and join the conversation via #VFest12.
- Include a photo or video that represents your idea. Photos should be in JPG, PNG, or GIF format, at least 570 × 345 pixels and no larger than 10MB. To include a video, use a YouTube URL.
- Write at least 3-5 sentences that explain your idea and how would it impact the community.
- If you have any questions, please review these FAQs or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- The best projects are those that can be completed in 3-5 hours and allow volunteers to work together. The project should also have a tangible result that you can explain to the volunteers.
Rules & Regulations
- This Challenge is open for submissions from July 10 to July 31 (noon Pacific Time).
- 501c3 nonprofits and government agencies in Northern Virginia including counties of Fairfax, Arlington, Prince William, or Loudoun or Cities of Falls Church, Fairfax City, Manassas, or Alexandria are eligible to apply. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Submitted projects must be able to be activated with $500 for consumable goods and must occur between October 27th and November 3rd, 2012. Let us know how you’re going to put this money to work!
- Projects will be featured on this page and public voting will be open from August 2 to August 16 (noon Pacific Time).
- The project with the most votes will receive $500 to implement their idea. The winning organization will also gain access to items in the Volunteer Fairfax tool shed.
- In order to vote, log in with your GOOD account. If you don’t have a GOOD account, it’s free to join. All you need is an email address or a Facebook account to register. You will be emailed a link that you need to click in order to validate your address.
- Read all the rules.